What we believe in
STATEMENT OF FAITH
This statement of faith is consistent with the intent of the bylaws of Joshua Bulger Ministries DBA West Coast Believers Center International. We believe in one God—Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things. We believe that The LORD Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died and was buried; He was resurrected, ascended into heaven and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man.
1. ONE TRUE GOD—God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent I AM, the Creator of all things, and Redeemer of mankind who is infinitely perfect and manifests as Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Isaiah 43:11).
2. THE INSPIRED SCRIPTURES—The Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God, the revelation of God to man, and the infallible, final authority for all Christian faith and practice (II Timothy 3:15–17).
3. THE DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST—The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God and shares the Deity of God. He is also truly man, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, died on the cross as the sacrifice for sin, arose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and is now at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest and Advocate (Matthew 1:23).
4. ORIGINAL SIN AND THE FALL OF MAN—Man was created in the image of God, but disobeyed and fell from the grace of God. From this fall, sin entered the world and brought death by sin, causing not only physical death but also spiritual death (Genesis 1–3).
5. SALVATION BY FAITH—Man sins because he has a sinful nature. Only through the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection can man find salvation from the power of sin. This salvation and spiritual life, a free gift of grace from God, can only be obtained by exercising faith in the Person and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8–9).
6. THE NEW MAN IN CHRIST—If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature (creation) in the inward man. We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus. We are partakers of His divine nature (II Corinthians 5:17; Ephesians 2:10; II Peter 1:4).
7. BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT—The baptism in the Holy Spirit is to glorify Jesus Christ and to indwell, guide and empower believers for life and service. This baptism brings the gifts or enablements of the Holy Spirit and their uses to the forefront of the ministry to the Body of Christ. This experience is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the New Birth and is evidenced by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 1–4).
8. DIVINE HEALING—The redemption provided by Jesus Christ includes more than forgiveness of sins. His work on the cross was complete and provided salvation for man's spirit, soul and body. Healing is also an integral part of the Gospel of Christ (Acts 10:38; I Peter 2:24; Galatians 3:13; Deuteronomy 28:15–61).
9. THE CHURCH—THE BODY OF CHRIST—Christ's Church, made up of born-again believers, is God's habitation through the Holy Spirit. When believers are born of the Spirit, they are united together as the Body of Christ and appointed to fulfill the Great Commission. Jesus Christ is both Lord and Head of His Church (Ephesians 1:22–23).